"John Whaite Bakes" book review

1 May 2013


On Saturday, I was incredibly excited to receive a new recipe book for playing the lead in my drama group's performance of "Peter Pan". The book was "John Whaite Bakes", a book I had been very eager to get! I was a great fan of John Whaite on The Great British Bake Off, and even more so because I had my photo taken with him at The Cake And Bake Show in London 2012 (see my Cake And Bake Show post for the pictures). I was very happy about getting this new book.



I must say, I am really looking forward to baking one of his recipes. I haven't had the chance yet as I am a few weeks away from the start of my GCSE's, but the range of recipes look stunning. The book is arranged into chapters, such as "calming a bag of nerves", "happy hour", "the artist within" and "The mood for food and love". I think this is a delightful way of organising everything. I haven't seen this in any of my other cook books, but it makes me even more eager to try some dishes out.

There are many fantastic looking recipes in the book, including white chocolate and raspberry melting cake, rose and lychee meringue hearts, curried halloumi, spinach and potato pithivier and strawberry and custard shortbreads. Not only does his book include tempting desserts, but it has mouth-watering savouries and even a few cocktails in the back. I like that there are a decent number of savoury recipes included in the book as well, because I know many books that concentrate mainly on sweet dishes.

I would thoroughly recommend this book to anyone. The recipes are different, exciting and there is one to fit your every mood! That is why it is moving to my number 1 priority on my baking "to-do list".

The cupcake faerie
xx


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!