- 24 mini cupcakes
- 12 standard sized cupcakes
- 6 Muffin sized cupcakes (cakes baked in muffin cases instead of cupcake cases)
125g Butter, softened
125g Caster sugar
100g Self-raising flour
2 Tbsp milk
3 level tbsp Cocoa
50g soft brown sugar
1/4 pint milk
1 carton double cream
1. Preheat oven to gas mark 5
2. Put butter and sugar in a bowl and beat until light in colour and fluffy.
3. Add the milk, cocoa and flour and beat until the mixture is smooth.
4.Divide the mixture between the cupcake cases and bake for
- Mini cupcakes- 10-12 minutes
- Standard sized cupcakes 12-15 minutes
- Muffin sized cupcakes 15-20 minutes
Until they spring back when touched.
5. Put the ingredients for the chocolate sauce in a saucepan. Heat until boiling, stirring to dissolve.
6.Simmer for about 20-30 minutes until thick, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
7. Using an apple corer, take a chunk out of the centre of each cupcake and fill with chocolate sauce.
8. Put the double cream in a bowl and whisk until it can hold it's shape when piped. Put in a piping bag and pipe onto the cupcakes.
9. Sprinkle with a little drinking chocolate and serve.
I've served mine in teacup shaped cupcake cases with marshmallows on top and a mini chocolate chip biscuit on the side.
If you make these, please tell me how it turns out!
The cupcake faerie