25 Nov 2013
Ever heard of Russian roulette? This is essentially a chocolate roulette, a game of chance, with one in 5 chocolates being a throat scorcher.
It starts off with a selection of chilli chocolate buttons, placed in front of the players. Each player is to take a button. The chocolates are mixed up and have different heats, ranging from low to extra hot. It can work as a party game or a dare, but I would recommend serving these with a glass of milk, having learnt my lesson the hard way.
Ingredients- Makes 30 buttons
2 bars of milk chocolate
1. Fill a pan with boiling water and place a glass bowl over the top
2. Add 6 squares (1/5th of the chocolate bars) to the bowl and melt. Add 1 pinch of cayenne pepper and stir.
3. Using a teaspoon, spoon the mixture onto a lined baking tray and flatten into a circle shape. Sprinkle a few chilli flakes on the top.
4. Allow the buttons to cool.
5. Repeat the process for the following buttons. The heats can be adjusted by the amount of cayenne pepper added:
Plain- 0 pinch cayenne pepper
Low heat- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
Medium heat- 2 pinch cayenne pepper
Hot- 3 pinch cayenne pepper
Extra hot- 4 pinch cayenne pepper
Posted by The Cupcake Faerie