Orange chiffon cake

1 Feb 2013


A day off school, and what better is there to do than bake a cake? The next item on my "baking to-do" list was a chiffon cake. After trying an incredibly light cake at "The Cake and Bake Show 2012", which turned out to be a chiffon cake, I have been wanting to make it. I adapted the recipe to make an orange chiffon cake. I followed the recipe and the end result was excellent. A very soft sponge with a very distinct orange flavour. I decorated it with a few "orange blossoms". They are more like daisies, but it makes it look pretty. Here is the recipe I used:



Recipe: http://www.chow.com/recipes/28648-basic-chiffon-cake - I added the zest of 1 orange and 2tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice to the recipe. I also used icing sugar instead of the flour to coat the pan, but you are probably better off following the recipe.

The cupcake faerie
xx





No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!