Lemon drizzle loaf cake

8 Feb 2013



Friday. My favourite day of the week. The last day of school before the weekend, and my baking day. What could be better? Today's bake was a lemon drizzle loaf cake. I had made this dish only once before on my work experience, where I had a great week working in a kitchen! That was a while ago though, so I may as well have been new to the recipe.



The cake was a simple recipe, great for beginners,and used the all in one method, which was very quick. I used a different recipe for the syrup because the one that was with the set of instructions for the loaf cake had more sugar than we had at home. The end result was a lovely soft sponge with a distinct lemon "zing" and a beautiful colour. The making did, however, involve a lot of mess, especially by getting lemon syrup all over the work surface. That doesn't matter, however. It's the taste that counts!

Recipe: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4942/lemon-drizzle-cake (Not the recipe I used, but BBC  Good Food always have trustworthy recipes!

The cupcake faerie
xx

P.S Sorry about all the equipment in the photos :)



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!