Always find that your cupcakes aren't quite perfect? Try these five tips to make professional cakes.
1. Bake cupcakes in a muffin case to create a moist and more professional sized cake
2. The more you beat buttercream, the lighter it gets so beat for at least 5 minutes.
3. Don't sieve the flour. It doesn't add more air. Sieving was only used to remove weevils in "ye olde days". It only wastes time.
4. When piping, twist the top of the icing bag and squeeze with the same hand that holds the twist. Use your other hand to guide the piping bag.
5. Fill cupcake/muffin cases about 3/4 full so it will not overflow or be too low.
Hope this helps!
The cupcake faerie