10 Mar 2013

Coconut and jam sponge

Hello everyone! Sorry that I haven't posted in a while, but I have been very very very very very very.... busy. I just haven't had the time to bake or think about cake, as sad as that may be. However, I was away on a trip this weekend which involved lots of outdoor activities. After freezing my fingers off outside taking part in some very fun and exciting activities, we were offered a very tempting jam and coconut sponge cake. This recipe is a very nice one, especially since the taste of coconut reminds me of when I used to make coconut mice. The recipe is from Jamie Oliver, so should work incredibly well!

Enjoy. I hope to make some of these at some point, providing I get the coconut and that I am not too busy. I apologise if I do not get round to it.

Visit this link to see my own recipe for this cake. I use a thickened raspberry compote on top of the cake instead of jam: http://thecupcakefaerie.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/coconut-and-raspberry-cupcakes.html

The cupcake faerie
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment